Tuesday 15 May 2012

Saturday 12th May 2012


Had such a great day today! Went to a training day for the mission trip I’m going on in July; it was so good! I’ve been reading Simon Guillebaud’s book ‘Dangerously Alive’ which is really challenging me to live radically for Jesus. I know I get caught up in this western way of thinking constantly and I really want to change that. I need to spend more time with God, to learn to depend on him better; I can’t go anywhere until I’ve learnt to trust him. That’s what this is all about, faith and trust! I just want to bring glory to God, and I can do that well when I am satisfied and fulfilled in Him. I need him to ruin my normal worldly life and bring me to a place of utter dependence in Him. I want to be a servant hearted follower of Christ who makes a real, lasting difference in the world. Today. Help me Lord.

I had to catch so many trains today but it was funny, even in that God spoke to me! One of the train signs said “This is where great journeys start” and the next sign in the next station said “The life of Christ”. I thought, yeah it really does start with Him! It was quite a revelation that God is the only lasting adventure, the only great journey. Also, I met a lovely Christian girl today who lives a few hours away from me so we caught the same train back together. We talked and shared testimonies and built each other up, it was really cool, and she shed light onto certain things in my life and was really wise. Definitely feel it was a God appointment! I remember her asking me what gifts I had and what I liked doing and one thing I replied was ‘reading, although it’s not really a gift!’ and she said actually it is a gift, so many people in the world can’t read and laughed and said maybe you’ll teach orphans how to read! (I had told her about my heart for orphans) It was like a confirmation from God, I hadn’t told her that I wanted to do that and she said it!

Also, got prayed for at the training day and a lovely woman prophesied over me, she said that God has named me for a reason, he chose my name for me because it means delight of the father and he delights in me. He sings over me, he gets so excited and shouts “that’s my girl, that’s MY girl!” She said God isn’t disappointed in me, and when I feel that it’s a lie because God delights in me constantly, I’m precious to him. So that was amazing! Felt freed from having to live a “perfect” life because Jesus won it for me. I don’t need to strive for it. It was incredible to hear that how much God is pleased with me, I’m his beloved daughter! How great is our God?

Plus, on the train back, I switched to a faster train which went straight back to my home town but my return ticket was only for several stations before as I was planning on buying another ticket. We pulled into the last stop for my ticket and I felt God ask me to get off and buy another ticket as planned just to honour the train guys really as I could have got away with it. So I stopped at that station and bought another ticket and whilst I was there I just prayed “God if you want to use me, I’m willing, so use me”. So when the train arrived I got on and God highlighted a seat to me so I sat down (!). An older woman was sat on the next seat across the aisle and a couple of people were in front and behind us. Well I sat down and felt God say “serious illness”, so I thought, I think God wants me to talk to this woman! I carried on reading my book and tried to ignore it but this feeling wouldn’t go away. I was too nervous to talk to her in front of loads of other people though so I said that to God and he was like “it’s okay, I’ll take care of it” and they got off at the next stop! So I was sat near this lady and started talking about her crochet to start up a conversation. Well it turns out she lives in Northern Ireland and she was meeting her son at the train station where I live to stay with her mother. So we just talked and she mentioned that she had had breast cancer (serious illness!) but that she had gone through the treatment and was well again. She asked me what book I had been reading and I said it was about a Christian missionary and I told her where I went to church and that I was a Christian. So I didn’t share a huge testimony or anything but simply mentioned that I was a Christian.  Anyway, she said she used to go to a church near mine when she lived here. Then we parted ways at the last stop and said it had been lovely speaking. She walked off and I watched her meet her son… You’ll never guess who it was?!! It was the same man from the smoking shelter that my friend and I had told about Jesus!!!! I know!!!! God is sooooo awesome! I mean, God gave me a dream which made me want to meet up with my friend, then we met and it started raining so we had to find a shelter on that day. Then today, I went on a train to London (of all the places!) and God told me to honour the train guys and buy another ticket which meant getting on another train. And on that train a seat was highlighted and he confirmed that he wanted me to speak to her through the words “serious illness” and she lived in Northern Ireland and had decided to visit on that day, on that train and she was the same guys mother!! Coincidence? I think not!!!

Hahahahahaa!!! Oh it is just flipping fantastic! Thank you Lord for using me to show your glory, I just know God has plans for that family!!! It’s AWESOME! :D

Got so many quotes I’ll be sharing from “African Adventure” because there are some truly inspirational things in there! So excited about what God has planned! I love you Jesus! I’ll post again soon but for now goodnight!

*These posts were typed up separately because my internet stopped working for a few days. Therefore, they are all posted around the same time as I have transferred them and I have correctly dated them in the post title.

No comments:

Post a Comment